In time for Earth Day, we are celebrating the environment and giving back by planting trees around the world that have been left devastated by deforestation especially in areas like Central America, Africa and Asia.
Besides pumping oxygen back in to the atmosphere, they do a lot more than we think they do. Find out more about the benefit of trees and the impact they leave on our lives and environment.
- Two mature trees provide enough oxygen for a family of four
- One tree can absorb as much carbon in a year as a car produces while driving 26,000 miles
- The death of one 70 year old tree would return over three tons of carbon to the atmosphere
- Trees provide shade and shelter, reducing yearly heating and cooling costs by 2.1 billion dollars.
- One acre of trees removes 2.6 tons of CO2 per year
- The average tree in an urban/city area has a life expectancy of only 8 years